Mediterranean Couscous Salad
250 g couscous
1 liter chicken stock
1 half cucumber
150 g pitted green olives
1 yellow bell pepper
100 g chopped parsley
50 g chopped mint
10 caper apples
100 ml olive oil
5 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
Juice from 1 lemon
- Bring the broth to the boil in a pan and stir in the couscous, remove from the stovetop, cover and allow to swell. Then let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Remove the stalks from the tomatoes and carve a cross on the underside.
- Add to a pan with boiling water for 5 seconds and then immediately rinse in ice-cold water. After one minute of cooling, remove, and lay on kitchen paper to drip dry. Peel away the easy to remove skin from the tomatoes, cut into quarters and remove the cores.
- Cube the tomato flesh and add to the cooled couscous.
- Peel the cucumber, quarter lengthways, remove the core and like the tomatoes, cube and add to the couscous.
- Quarter the bell pepper from top to bottom, remove the core, cube and add to the couscous.
- Then mix in all other ingredients apart from the caper apples and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Garnish with caper apples and place in the pan on the table for self-service as the cast iron pan is perfect for cooling.
Staub Rectangular Terrine w/lid Cast Iron