Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 cup (120 ml) water
- 6 ounces (170 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups (720 g) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades.
Vitamix Blender Ascent A3300